“There is a belief entrenched in American culture that career planning is a logical and linear activity … But it’s not.” — Kathleen Mitchell
Get your mojo out of slow mo with this career-focussed episode. Career paths without planning: how to stay on top of new developments and build opportunities are covered in this episode, a considerable expansion on a series of Adrienne’s posts on the Copyediting.com blog. It’s a longer episode: just over 18 minutes. So you should be able to get lots of dishes done while you listen.
Buckle up. Let’s go.
[/sociallocker]Follow this link to instructions for subscribing to this podcast.
Where are you looking for signs of change? What are you interested in? What is at the top of your PD list?
Mentioned in this episode:
- Successful Career Unplanning
- Three Steps to Stating Your Rate with Confidence (and podcast version)
- Where Is the Next Trend in Publishing?
- David Hayes
- John Krumboltz
- Planned Happenstance
- Editors’ Association of Canada
- Daniel Polowin
- Quill & Quire
- Shadowland Theatre (puppets) and Salon Theatre’s Sir John Eh Road Show
The image for this episode is by David Blackwell, used under CC BY-SA 2.0 license.