Learn a simple trick for finding out the going rate in your market — right down to the subject, product, and city niche. Then you can set your own fees with confidence.
In this episode, I expand on a post that first appeared on Copyediting.com.
[sociallocker id=”6583″]Press play below or subscribe to download. 7 min
You can subscribe to this podcast here.[/sociallocker]
What is the going rate in your niche? Leave your comments below, or join the discussion over on Twitter.
Follow-up post: Why the 1000-hours calculation really works.
- Service Canada Job Bank
- Media Job Search Canada
- Copyediting.com (2017 update)
- Working in Canada
- Editors Canada (EAC)
- The Association of Registered Graphic Designers of Ontario (RGD, Canada)
- Editorial Freelancers Association
- Pay Scale, for copyeditors and proofreaders, or simply editors (search any term in any country)
- Copyeditors’ Knowledge Base (links almost cover the globe)
- AMWA (American Medical Writers Association) 2014 results
The image used for this podcast is Adrienne’s adaptation of an image by Horia Varlan, used under CC by 2.0 license.