Strategies to note and track copyediting tasks — today, in my How To column at Copyediting.com.
Related to in this piece:
- Checklist for editing visual components
- Checklist for editing captions
- Checklist for citations and references
- Checklist for editing via The Canadian Style
- Verification checklist from Craig Silverman at the Poynter Institute (bit small, really)
- The Checklist Manifesto, by Atul Gawande, and his related piece in The New Yorker
- An argument in favor of using checklists—a short form of the manifesto
- General praise and use of checklists
Turbo boost your skills and get Word to do the heavy lifting for a change.
Buy the full self-study course and get 115 pages of editor-specific instructions for making the most of MS Word 2016 (365). Includes 24 demo videos for both Mac and PC users. Field tested over 7 years with editors around the globe.Peek Inside the Book