When footnotes are a formatting nightmare, Note Stripper saves the day. End notes too. Also, Adrienne sings “soft edit” to help reduce her panic tackling a paralysing job.
Soft edit, warm edit, little ball of whir.
Place a colon, move a comma;
purr, purr, purr.
Follow this link to instructions for subscribing to this podcast.
[/sociallocker]Do you know editing panic? Have you used Note Stripper? Leave your comments below, or join the discussion over on Twitter.
Mentioned in this episode:
- “Stages of Editing” episode
- Editorium’s Note Stripper
- macro: ActiveDocument,ConvertNumbersToText
- Paul Beverley’s Macros for Writers, Editors, and Proofreaders
- Amy Schneider, instructor for Copyediting.com
- Glenn Court
Also, the related blog post on Copyediting.com: Wrangle Footnotes into Place with Note Stripper
The image for this episode is adapted from a photo by riclantz, used under CC BY 2.0 license.